Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Thankful Heart


Where do I begin? For my family, for my health, for the food on my table....for my table! For the fact that Almighty God considers me a friend. I am so thankful!
Here's the eldest daughter (she's the second one from the right...with the goofy eyes) at her pre-school thanksgiving lunch. It's been fun learning the whole American thanksgiving story as Jerusha learns it. We had the honour of joining some dear friends for their thanksgiving meal, we had a great time watching football, playing games and chasing kids around.
We also had a former student from Washington at our home for the long weekend. Mike Moorman just came in from Iraq 10 days before thanksgiving (his base is 4 hours from Cincinnati) and was able to join us. We are so grateful that he is back in the country and safe and it was an honour to have him at our house. Jerusha had him making mud pies with her in the back yard and playing football. Naomi was unsure about Mike, but by the end of the weekend she was hugging and blowing kisses.

No comments: