Monday, November 10, 2008

A Jerusha Moment

Just a quick story that made me chuckle and I thought I'd share it with you...

We were looking at our wedding pictures, Jerusha loves all things flowers and pretty dresses. So she asks "where was I?" I told her that she wasn't there. She hadn't been born yet. She understands that babies that aren't born yet are in their Mom's tummies, so the next question..."was I in your tummy?" "no" I reply and go on to tell her that grown-ups fall in love, get married and then have children. Puzzled and a little perplexed my eldest daughter then asks...."was I in the bathroom?" at which point I could tell she was getting very concerned and finally she whirls around at looks at me incredulously, "DID YOU LEAVE ME AT HOME?!?!?" Apparently it was very inconsiderate of Jeremy and me to not invite her to her own parents' wedding.