Friday, November 21, 2008

Mama Knows


Can you tell the difference? Noamers has a much loved "blankie". So loved, in fact, that she carries it everywhere, much like Linus from Charlie Brown. Anyways, knowing my daughter, I decided to buy a back-up, just in case something should happen to the original. Tonight I caught a whiff of Original Blankie and whew! It was stinky, no wait, it was stanky! (this happens when a toddler sucks on it daily). It happened to be close to bed time so I took the OB (original...) and gave Noamers the NB (New Blankie). She looked at it, felt it and then...she smelled it. She looked up at me and gave it right back. I tried it a little later and it was a no-go. What was I

thinking? A mama always knows her own!

1 comment:

Jeremy J Harnett said...

Oh my!! You have a blanket sucker too?? Our two year old is so attached to his "nigh-nigh" and it really stinks too! (especially if he has a cold... ugh!)
Anyway, Jer just took it away from him this week... life's been hard. Jer figures it's full of diseases.... I think it just needs to be washed every day! How do you suppose we nix this habit of sucking those things. Isaiah has actually sucked threads off- like, it's wearing away!! crazy kiddo
love ya!